I currently teach at the University of Amsterdam, Department of Dutch Linguistics and am involved in four undergraduate programs in the 2018–2019 academic year: Dutch Language and Culture, Linguistics, Amsterdam University College, and the brand-new program Cognition, Language and Communication.
See courses below, click for classes for high school students and their teachers, a short class for elementary school kids, or check Facebook (Dutch or CLC) to see what (else) we’re up to. Have you seen the Linguistics webinar?
Courses (to be) Taught
- First Language Acquisition
- Taalanalyse (Language Analysis)
- AUC Linguistics
- Inleiding Algemene Taalwetenschap & Nederlandse Taalkunde in artikelen (Introduction to General and Dutch Linguistics in research papers)
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Taalontwikkeling (Language Development) This course received the Onderwijsprijs 2016!
- Onderzoekswerkgroep Taalkunde (Linguistics Research Group)
- Dutch and Academic Writing
- 26 undergraduate term papers/group research projects (see Taalontwikkeling)
- 32 undergraduate theses (see Onderzoekswerkgroep Taalkunde)
- 3 undergraduate, 2 graduate (MA) interns.
- Undergraduate: 4 guest, 7 substitute lectures for 5 different courses at the UvA, and one at Leiden University.
- Graduate level: Guest class on verb cluster acquisition in rMA Linguistics. Second Evaluator for two theses, one on modal particles (2016), one on verb cluster acquisition (2015).