I currently teach at the University of Amsterdam, Department of Dutch Linguistics and am involved in four undergraduate programs in the 2019–2020 academic year: Dutch Language and Culture, Linguistics, Amsterdam University College, and the brand-new program Cognition, Language and Communication. I obtained my BKO/University Teaching Qualification in 2017.
See courses below, click for classes for high school students and their teachers, a short class for elementary school kids, or check Facebook (Dutch or CLC) to see what (else) we’re up to. Have you seen the Linguistics webinar?
Courses (to be) Taught
Subject to change.
|19–20||Early vs Late Acquisition. (r)Ma Linguistics; Dutch Language & Culture.|
|18–19||Knowledge Application. 2nd year CLC, block 6 project. Supporting/TA-role.|
|18–20||Linguistics (Amsterdam University College). Survey course in Cognition track. (2x, 1x upcoming)|
|13–16; 19–20||Onderzoekswerkgroep Taalkunde. Undergraduate thesis/capstone course, BA Dutch Language & Culture. Theses co-supervised: 36. (5x, upcoming)|
|18–20||Inleiding Algemene Taalwetenschap & Nederlandse Taalkunde (in artikelen). 1st year survey course, BA Dutch Language & Culture. Coordinator and lecturer. (2x, upcoming)|
|13–19||Taalontwikkeling. 2nd year, BA Dutch Language & Culture. Coordinator 16–19. Supervised 31 projects. (6x) This course received the Onderwijsprijs 2016!|
|17–20||Introduction to Linguistics. 1st year, BA Linguistics & BSc Cognition, Language and Communication. Both Dutch and English-language groups. (2x, upcoming)|
|18–19||First Language Acquisition. 2nd year, BA Linguistics. I held two sections. (1x)|
|18–19; 19–20||Zins- en Taalanalyse. First-year survey course, BA Taal & Communicatie. (2x)|
|09–13||Dutch and Academic Writing (Haagse Hogeschool)|
- 31 undergraduate term papers/group research projects (see Taalontwikkeling)
- 36 undergraduate theses (see Onderzoekswerkgroep Taalkunde)
- 3 undergraduate, 2 graduate (MA) interns.
- Undergraduate: 4 guest, 7 substitute lectures for 5 different courses at the UvA, and one at Leiden University.
- Graduate level: Guest class on verb cluster acquisition in rMA Linguistics. Second Evaluator for two theses, one on modal particles (2016), one on verb cluster acquisition (2015).